Discover here interesting children's books and fun activities that S-T-R-E-T-C-H your mind. Explore great places for kids to visit. Write and share your own ideas, great books, or subjects you want to know more about with Jewel. Check out Jewel Sample's writing for kids adventures.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Kid’s Oral Book Review of OK GO



By Cheyenne, age 6 and Gramma

Gramma: What is the name of the book you read today?
Cheyenne: “OK GO”

Gramma: What’s the person’s name who wrote the book?
Cheyenne: First--C-A-R-I-N --then, B-E-R-G-E-R. I only know a few words because I am just learning to read. But I know my letters really well.

Gramma: Did you like the story?
Cheyenne: uh-huh

Gramma: What did you like about the book?
Cheyenne: I can read some of the words by myself. That was really fun.

Gramma: Learning new words is fun.
Cheyenne: I am learning to read. I am growing big. Now I know what “OK” looks like and I know “GO” too. I say those words a lot.

Gramma: Did you learn a favorite word?
Cheyenne: Yeah, Screeeech. Cars do that when they S-T-O-P, stop really fast.

Gramma: What did you learn that you did not know before?
Cheyenne: I saw Kate roller skating. I have never done that before. I want to learn to do that because when you skate you save gas.

Gramma: Is there anything else about the book that you want to tell kids?
Cheyenne: I saw the word Uh-oh! That’s a mom’s word. Mom says that a lot. Kids can see what that word looks like. Okay The End.


Kid's Oral Book Review by Jewel Sample--Award-winning author of Flying Hugs and Kisses. To learn more about Jewel Sample visit her at jewelofabook.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne,

Thank you for reviewing my book, Ok Go!

Keep up the good reading!

Carin Berger