It won’t be long until Saint Patrick’s Day, so have a little fun that’s “magically delicious!" Surely everyone has sampled cloverleaf cookies or cupcakes with green icing topped with a gold foil chocolate coin. But how about a new twist on an old favorite?
For a yummy (and easy) treat, why not make Lucky Charms Treat Bars and enjoy sweet marshmallow goodness combined with one of everyone’s favorite cereals? And remember, as Lucky the Leprechaun liked to proclaim, you’ll also get “pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers.” Or more accurately, as the marshmallows included today are—red balloons, blue moons, pink hearts, multi-colored rainbows, yellow and white shooting stars, Lucky's green hat with a green clover, an orange and yellow pot of gold, and purple horseshoes! Additionally, in 2008, a gold hourglass was added to the marshmallow collection.
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
25 large marshmallows or 2 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
1. Grease a 9x9x2 inch pan.
2. Melt butter and marshmallows until smooth, either over medium heat or in the microwave.
3. Stir in Lucky Charms cereal until well coated. Press into pan with buttered hands.
4. Let cool until firm enough to cut, yet still pliable.
5. Cut into 8 equal bars.
6. Push a popsicle stick up into the bottom of each bar (about halfway), then press down slightly with your hands to mold the treat around the stick.
7. Place bars on wax paper and let cool completely.
-Dip one end of each Lucky Charm Treat Bar into melted vanilla Candi-Quik that has been tinted with green food coloring, then coat with multi-colored sprinkles.
-Add green food coloring to the marshmallow/butter mixture before adding the cereal.
Check back next Tuesday for a neat St. Patty's Day craft!
Visit Amy at www.amyoquinn.com or www.homeschoolblogger.com/picketfencemom.