Discover here interesting children's books and fun activities that S-T-R-E-T-C-H your mind. Explore great places for kids to visit. Write and share your own ideas, great books, or subjects you want to know more about with Jewel. Check out Jewel Sample's writing for kids adventures.

Monday, August 18, 2008

One Giant Sleepover Z-Z-Z

Today I was thinking about some of the things I did while I was in elementary school. When I was in the sixth grade I had a birthday slumber party. I invited six of my friends. We played games, told stories, ate popcorn and of course, we ate birthday cake and ice cream. I remembered someone dared us to eat a dill pickle and mustard sandwich. That was my first introduction into eating something strange. We tried to stay up all night, but did not accomplish it. The one thing I still do from time to time is eat dill pickle and mustard sandwiches.

I was wondering if kids still have slumber parties today. When my children were young they called them sleepovers, but I figured that was because they were boys. So I Googled sleepovers on the Internet and discovered a giant sleepover took place in the UK this past summer. 45,000 children registered for a Save the Children fundraiser. That would be like a whole city of nothing but kids where I live. Awesome!

One group played games and won prizes. Another group slept over in a glass viewing tunnel with sea life swimming over their heads at the Loch Lomond Aquarium. To see what other totally cool stuff they did visit here.

What’s the largest sleepover you have attended? If you could go to the world's largest sleepover where would it be and what would you do?
Post your story by clicking on comment!

No comments: